Our community is highly participatory; we depend on our members to get involved and play an active role in our congregation and in the larger Seattle community.
Here is our community engagement form: Please add your names in the columns on the left hand side: Community Engagement Pledge
In particular we seek help every Friday night and Shabbat morning that we hold services. If you have a limited time budget please join our Chaverim Shel Shabbat and help us set-up and clean-up before and after Shabbat services on the 1st and 3rd Friday and Saturday of each month. It’s easy, fun, and doesn’t take much time. You can sign up in advance here:
There are many other ways for you to contribute:
- Our Tikkun Olam committee engages in activity to ‘heal the world’. Join the committee or find out how you can help with one of their projects
- Join one of our other committees to help with the Religious Life of the community, integrate new Members, or assist with the Education programs
- Volunteer for one of the many tasks that need regular attention
- Join our Shiva Minyan group to comfort the bereaved
- Join Abraham & Sarah’s Kitchen to bring meals to those in need
- Assist with producing our Newsletter HaKol
- Help with gardening around the building
- Serve as a ‘Ganan’ to help welcome new members
- Organize and replace nametags
- Make copies in the office
- Get supplies from Costco or elsewhere
Check out our weekly enewsletter for the latest volunteer opportunities!
Please also consider making a financial contribution to support the work of our congregation. You can click here to donate through PayPal. (On the page that asks you to review your donation, there is a link next to the donation amount that says “Add special instructions to seller.” Please make sure to add a note explaining what the donation is for.)
Or send a check to our office (address below) using the following Donation form.
C/O Alki UCC
6115 SW Hinds St.
Seattle WA 98116
Or consider another easy way to contribute to Kol HaNeshamah –
By making purchases with Amazon Smile using the link below: