Out of the Box Curriculum
At Kol HaNeshamah, we believe that all of our children deserve an engaging, fun, and quality Jewish learning experience.
Our teachers and staff are dedicated to providing meaningful, vibrant learning experiences for all of our students. We believe that Jewish Learning is a collaboration between our families and our community, and seek to partner with you in providing opportunities for your children to build Jewish identity and knowledge.
The social, educational, and spiritual activities in our classes are centered around the following components:
- Brachot (Blessings): developing an appreciation for the world and the people around us
- Middot (Character Traits): social-emotional learning and applying our Jewish values to real-life situations
- Torah (Stories): learning the stories of the Jewish people through questioning and interpreting
- Prayer (Hebrew): We learn the skills necessary to participate in traditional Jewish prayer
Contact the Director of Children’s Education, Elizabeth Fagin with any questions, to register, or for more information.
Students in our KHN Education program (with the exception of KHN Kids – our toddler/parent program) must be in a Kol HaNeshamah member family. Please contact our Executive Director by email or phone: at 206-935-1590 for more information on how your family can become a member.
Classes are held on 2 Saturdays a month, and every Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. *Saturday morning classes take place on the Saturday morning following the 1st and 3rd Fridays.* Please see the 23.24 KHN Children’s Ed Calendar for exact dates. The days and times of classes are:
- KHN Kids: 1st Saturday* of Every Month at 9:30 – 10:30 am
Babies and toddlers aged 0 – 3 with parents, grandparents, or caretakers
Music, stories, easy crafts, and fun!
- Out Of The Box!: 1st & 3rd Saturdays* at 9:30 – 11:30 am;
Preschool – 6th Grade
Jewish studies – values, history, ritual, prayer & holidays
- Hebrew School: Tuesdays at 4:45 – 6:00 pm
3rd – 6th Grade
Prayer-based Hebrew instruction
- B’nai Mitzvah Class (7th Grade): Wednesdays at 4:30 – 6:00 pm
Shabbat is For Families!
We hold our Out of the Box! classes on Shabbat intentionally. Shabbat is one of the central tenets of Judaism. Coming together as a community to learn and worship on Shabbat is also one of the highest values of the Kol HaNeshamah community. We encourage you to come with your children on Shabbat morning and stay for Torah Study at 9:30, then join the students and the community for Shabbat worship at 11:00 am.
Do not hesitate to email the Director of Children’s Education, Elizabeth Fagin with any questions or for more information.
We look forward to a year of learning with your children!