Sharing our Jewish Journey is a time honored KHN tradition, but you don’t have to wait to the HHD to share your story! You can use these prompts to spark conversation with your kids, your parents, your partner, your friends, KHN members, or any fellow traveler you meet along the way.
- What is the first Jewish ritual you remember participating in? What part stands out most in your memory? How did you feel?
- What did your parents tell you about Judaism when you were growing up?
- Were you part of a congregation growing up? If so, what is your strongest memory from that time?
- Do you have a favorite Jewish Holy Day or ritual? What is it? Do you observe Holy Days differently now than when you were younger?
- What is your favorite Jewish prayer, proverb or saying? Why?
- Did you ever feel afraid about anti-jewish attitudes? What did you do? Did you talk to anyone about it?
- Was there ever a point in your life when you ‘decided to be a Jew’?
- What is your most cherished Jewish value? How do you use it in daily life?
- What messages, actions or traditions let you know ‘you belong’ in the Jewish community?
- Can you recall an act of kindness or gesture of inclusion that made a difference for your sense of belonging? How do you help other people feel that they belong in the Jewish community?
- Do you believe in God? Has that belief changed for you over time?
- What was the most profound jewish moment in your life?
- What is your favorite Jewish joke?
Leave A Comment