We are delighted that you are interested in Kol HaNeshamah—West Seattle’s Progressive Synagogue Community.
We provide a warm and nurturing sanctuary of tradition, acceptance, and innovation. Kol HaNeshamah is a voice of progressive Judaism that links our spirituality to our commitment to social action. We invite you to celebrate Shabbat and Holy Days; to study ancient texts as we discover new meaning for ourselves and our lives. Join us as we look to Jewish tradition to guide us toward repairing our broken world.
Like our biblical ancestors, we are an erev rav — a mixed multitude — that reflects the diversity of the Jewish people today. We are born Jews and those who chose Judaism; straight, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer and questioning; single, married, and partnered; creating family with partners who are Jewish, hold other faiths or have no faith tradition; parents and grandparents of grown children, small children, or not parents at all; raised in Orthodox, Conservative, Reform and secular households; certain in our belief in God, unsure about God, or certain there is no God; variously positioned regarding Israel and its relationship to the Palestinian people.
We are united by our desire to create a sacred space and a relevant, resonant Judaism for today.
Being a member means…
- Enjoying an inviting religious, social, and cultural atmosphere unlike any other
- Participating in a spiritual community
- Making a commitment to building our synagogue community
- Having a place where you can grow in your relationship with God and a community that shares in asking probing questions of life and meaning
- Making a financial commitment of support to our spiritual community
- Becoming part of a family-oriented community made up of individuals who share a common thread
We believe no one should be denied the opportunity to experience Jewish community for financial reasons. Our community uses a Fair Share pledge system, where each household contributes according to their ability to pay.
If you have questions or are considering membership
Please contact membership@KHNSeattle.org, or call the Kol Haneshamah office at 206.935.1590.